Tech Consultant/Web Designer
Humana: April 2013-Present
I’m a part of HR Digital, a small front end web & graphic design team. We’re primarily tasked with creating, facilitating, and managing intranet web properties. I began as a Tech Analyst, but was promoted after proving capable of leading large scale design projects.
My job consists of:
- Content strategy and communications for HR Digital
- Managing content for the intranet portal using Sitecore
- Project Management for major web projects
- Designing front-end web experiences alongside IT for enterprise-wide sites and apps
- Building small sites and web tools
- Promoting responsible, responsive web practices in an increasingly web based work environment
- Graphic design work as needed for associate facing groups
Web and Social Media Administrator/ Youth Director
Douglass Boulevard Christian Church: May 2011-April 2013/ May 2014-Present
After graduating college, I went to work for DBCC as a Youth Director. Soon after beginning work there, I took on revamping all of their web properties. This became my primary role in the organization, so I invested individually in my understanding of the web. Due to my fondness of them, and my personal investment in them, I took on a less involved part-time role with them a year after resigning.
My job consists of:
- Building a new custom site UI using Squarespace.
- Creating and Managing of content on the DBCC Website including, but not limited to, text articles, photo, video, and sermon podcast & other audio production.
- Managing relevant outside social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, Instagram, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Coordinating brand redesign.
You can see more of my work for DBCC at douglass.church.
Other community involvement
- Leadership council - Douglass Blvd. Christian Church (current)
- Americana Ambassador - Americana World Community Center (current)
- Douglass Loop Farmers Market - Board Member 2011–2013
- Faith Leaders for Fairness - Board Member 2011–2013
I've also been active with Volunteers of America, Fairness Campaign, Highland Community Ministries, New Roots, and other small local non-profits.
Skills and Attributes
Things I do well
- Clean, minimalist taste in visual design
- Front-end web and UI design
- Responsive Web Design
- Written communication
- Consultation with clients and business partners
- Graphic design, specifically text treatment and image manipulation
Tools I use
- Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office
Things I’m learning
- PHP development
- Working with databases
- Film Photography
The University of Louisville: BA in History and Economics